Nutrition in Dysphagia Management
Good nutrition is especially important for people with dysphagia. The main goals of nutrition management include:
- Ensuring adequate nutrition and fluid intake
- Minimizing choking, aspiration risk , mealtime fatigue and maintaining the best possible health status
- Making mealtimes pleasurable by offering varied food choices and alternatives
ThickenUp Clear Drink and Food Thickener
ThickenUp Clear is an easy to use thickener to help your patients with dysphagia prepare texture modified foods and drinks.
Educational and Practical Resources for your Patients Requiring Thickened Liquids
- Cichero, J. Clin Nutr Highlights, 2021; Volume 1, Issue 1)
- Cichero J. Reg Focus. June 2019. Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society.
- Ortega O et al. JAMDA, 2017; 18: 576-582.
- Leonard R et al. J Acad Nutr Diet, 2014; 114(4): 590-4.
- Vilardell N et al. Dysphagia 2016; 31(2):169-179.
- Steele CM et al. Dysphagia, 2019; 34(5): 698-707.