Portion: Approx. 1/2 cup per serving
How to prepare
- For grains such as lentils, use 1 1/2–2 times the recommended amount of water for cooking until soft and creamy.
- Drain and place into blender or food processor
- Start at a low speed and gradually increase to a higher speed to prevent the product from immediately splattering to the sides of the container.
- Regularly stop, check, stir, scrape the product with a spatula or spoon to the centre of the container so that the blades will make optimal contact to process the product.
- Mince cooked lentils with hot broth and margarine until smooth in texture.
- Add ThickenUp® Clear. Process briefly until mixed, scraping sides of bowl.
- Heat covered tightly with aluminum foil to 165°F (74°C). Serve.
|Ingredients (for 5 servings)|
|Lentils, cooked||2 1/2 cups (625 ml)|
|Broth or water, hot||1/4 cup (60 ml)|
|Butter or margarine, melted||2 Tbsp (30 ml)|
|ThickenUp® Clear||2 Tbsp (30 ml)|
|Serving size:||Approx. 1/2 cup|
|Dietary Fibre||8 g|
|Nutrition calculations based on using cooked brown lentils and water as liquid.|
Please note that level of moisture, raw ingredients, and processing techniques, may vary yielding different results in texture. Check your recipe consistency by using the IDDSI testing methods at www.iddsi.org.