Portion: Approx. 1/4 cup per serving
HOW TO PREPARE
- Place the cut-up cooked fish into blender or food processor.
- Purée cooked fish with hot liquid and butter/margarine until smooth in texture.
- Add ThickenUp® Clear. Process briefly until mixed, scraping sides of bowl.
- Serve hot. Heat until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and serve immediately.
|Ingredients (for 5 servings)|
|Fish, unbreaded, cooked||10 oz (284 g)|
|Butter or margarine||1 Tbsp (15 ml)|
|Fish stock or chicken broth, hot||3 Tbsp (45 ml)|
|ThickenUp® Clear||1 Tbsp + 2 tsp (25 ml)|
|Serving size:||Approx. 1/4 cup|
|Dietary Fibre||0 g|
|Nutrition calculations based on using cod fillets and chicken broth as liquid.|
WHEN WE PURÉE FISH
- Use a lower heat and moist cooking method such as braising, simmering, steaming or stewing as they help to retain the moisture and fat content. Frying, baking, broiling, barbequing and grilling often will result in dry, crispy, crumbly products and they do not purée well.
- Drain and remove skin, bone and any tough parts.
- Retain 80-100 ml of the cooking liquids/sauce or have 80-100 ml of complementary flavour broth or stock handy when puréeing the fish. Broth or stock will add flavour to the cooked fish. In addition, consider using a drizzle of lemon juice or other seasoning such as pepper to taste.
- For fish, a food processor will often work better as there is more blade surface for processing.
Please note that level of moisture, raw ingredients, and processing techniques, may vary yielding different results in texture. Check your recipe consistency by using the IDDSI testing methods at www.iddsi.org.