PURÉED FRUITED COTTAGE CHEESE
Portion: Approx. 1/2 cup per serving
HOW TO PREPARE
- Purée cottage cheese with milk until smooth.
- Add ThickenUp® Clear. Process briefly until mixed, scraping sides of bowl.
- Pour mixture into 2-inch deep pan. Hold refrigerated at 41°F (5°C) or below.
- Purée fruit until smooth.
- Add second amount of ThickenUp® Clear. Process briefly until mixed, scraping sides of bowl.
- Spoon fruit mixture over cottage cheese, spreading evenly.
- Cover and chill to 41°F (5°C) or below before serving.
|Ingredients (for 5 servings)|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 2/3 cups (420 ml)|
|Milk||2 Tbsp (30 ml)|
|ThickenUp® Clear||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp (20 ml)|
|Canned fruit (peaches, pear, or pineapple, drained)||1 cup (250 ml)|
|Reserved fruit liquid or water||1 Tbsp (15 ml)|
|ThickenUp® Clear||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp (40 ml)|
|Serving size:||Approx. 1/2 cup|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
|Nutrition calculations based on using 2% milk.|
WHEN WE PURÉE FRESH FRUIT
- Remove peels, skins, seeds or pits
- Cut into small pieces (1 cm x 1 cm x 1 cm or less)
- Cook well using a moist cooking method such as braising, simmering, steaming or stewing
- Drain and place into blender or food processor
Please note that level of moisture, raw ingredients, and processing techniques, may vary yielding different results in texture. Check your recipe consistency by using the IDDSI testing methods at www.iddsi.org.