The OPTIFAST Difference
Designed for people who are living with obesity, the program integrates medical, nutritional, and behavioral elements to achieve lasting weight loss. It is a proven weight management program for people with current health issues related to obesity1. The Optifast® Weight Management Program is a comprehensive, medically supervised program that limits patients calorie intake using delicious meal replacements, while providing the support and expertise of healthcare professionals. It is a medically managed program, offered by a select amount of clinics in Canada.
Become an Optifast Provider!
Participants will be evaluated by a physician and medically monitored throughout the program. They will be guided by healthcare professionals as they progress from the active weight loss phase to transitioning to regular food and then to long-term management. During all phases, they’ll learn tools and techniques during weekly sessions which help them manage their new healthy lifestyle.
Documented Results for Patients
Clinical studies using a comprehensive weight management program, such as the Optifast® weight management program, have shown positive results: 1-5
Long Term Results with
Shiau’s retrospective study of 317 patients with type 2 diabetes on full meal replacement for weight management, demonstrated a decrease or discontinuation of diabetes medications and improvement in glycated hemoglobin (A1C) levels.5 At 6 months:
- 30% of patients were no longer taking diabetes medications
- of those taking insulin at baseline, 44.6% discontinued the medication and 41.9% decreased the dosage
- patients had improved Glycemic control with significantly different A1C levels (p<0.0001) from baseline
Ard’s one year multi-center study shows the Optifast® Weight Management Program resulted in twice as much weight loss and higher rates of clinically meaningful weight loss, versus a food-based intervention. 1
- Patients experienced greater reductions in waist circumference using the Optifast program
- Optifast program patients achieved greater reductions in total fat mass
Bischoff demonstrated in a large 8-year multicentre study that an interdisciplinary weight loss program, which includes a low-calorie diet, is highly successful (p<0.001).4 At 1-year, all participants reduced:
- weight by an average of 16.4 kg (13.8%)
- waist circumference by an average of 11 cm
- BMI by 5.6
After 3-years a sub-group had maintained 4.2% relative weight loss (p<0.001).
Wadden and Frey’s multicenter study shows that five years after completing a weight management program, the majority of participants kept enough weight off to improve their health long term.3
- After 2 years, 50% of patients maintained more than half their weight loss and 75% maintained medically significant weight loss
- After 5 years approximately 50% of patients maintained medically significant weight loss.
- Ard JD, Lewis KH, Rothberg A, et al. Effectiveness of a Total Meal Replacement Program (OPTIFAST Program) on Weight Loss: Results from the OPTIWIN Study. Obesity. 2019;27(1):22-29
- Drawert S, Bedford K, Largent D. Change in glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol with weight loss in medically obese patients. Obes Res. 1996; 4(SI):67S
- Wadden TA, Frey DL. A multicenter evaluation of a proprietary weight loss program for the treatment of marked obesity: A five-year follow-up. Int J Eat Disord. 1997; 22:203-212
- Bischoff et al. Multicentre evaluation of an interdisciplinary 52-week weight loss program for obesity with regard to boy weight, comorbidites and quality of life-a prospective study. Inter J Obes. 2011. June 1-11
- Shiau JY, So DYF, Dent RR. Effects on diabetes medications, weight and glycated hemoglobin among adult patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes: 6-month observations from a full meal replacement, low-calorie diet weight management program. Can J Diabetes 42 (2018) 56–60
Our Product: Optifast®900
Optifast® 900 is a delicious, powdered meal replacement beverage providing complete nutrition and an excellent source of protein. It is nutritionally balanced with carbohydrates, fat, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
Essential Source of Protein (22.5 g/340 ml prepared serving)
VITAMINS AND MINERALS
Source of 26 Vitamins and Minerals
GLUTEN & LACTOSE FREE
Suitable for individuals who avoid gluten and lactose
4 g of soluble Fibre/340 ml prepared serving
Optifast® 900 is a powdered meal replacement beverage providing complete nutrition and excellent source of protein. It is nutritionally balanced with carbohydrates, fat, fibre, vitamins and minerals. It is available in 2 flavours: Chocolate and Vanilla.
The Optifast® Weight Management Program is a comprehensive, medically supervised program that limits calorie intake with Optifast® 900, while providing the support and expertise of healthcare professionals. It provides educational resources on nutrition, behaviour modification and healthy living to help your patients achieve their weight loss goals and support their long-term success.
TO ENSURE WE ARE DELIVERING YOU THE APPROPRIATE CONTENT, PLEASE CONFIRM: