We recognize some of our consumers prefer formulas that are suitable for a vegan diet and wish to easily identify them. We are sensitive to consumers’ needs and preferences and have broadened our portfolio to include vegan formulas. To help consumers to identify these formulas, we advertise them as vegan.
Given the complexity and broad use of vegan statements in food production and the absence of an official national standard or regulations for a vegan designation in Canada, Nestlé Health Science has developed the following criteria for establishing its formulas as vegan.
Our products described as vegan do not contain the following ingredients:
- Seafood or Fish
- Animal by-products
- Eggs or egg products
- Dairy or dairy products
- Honey or honeybee products
- Insects or products from insects
- Ingredients filtered or processed with bone char or other animal products
- Foods using animal-derived genetic engineering or animal-derived genes
- Cross contact with any animal-derived ingredients or ingredient sources
We fully support consumers’ desire to know what is in their food and are committed to providing transparency about our ingredients to consumers of Nestlé Health Science’s products. If you have questions, contact us at 1-800-565-1871.